Monday, May 19, 2014

On Safety and Warding

I will likely need to come back to this.  CAYA has such a nice pragmatic approach to safety and warding.  I really appreciated the introduction to the concept of 'throwing shade' in terms of negative jabs at others, that kind of bitchy, gossipy, negging stuff that happens as being something that needs warding.  Makes total sense.  Lots I liked about Rabbit's presentation.

In class itself, we did a nice visualization to see/create our 'shields.'  I am sort of grappling with the idea that I don't have one cover-all, and what I need for work is very different for the ones I have outside work and how/do I integrate.  

I had two very strong images one of which blurred into the other, that of kaleidoscope with vivid colors and fractaling/fracturing of images (from my perspective looking out through it, not sure what that looks like trying to see in from it, but need to consider that and probably do some significant work there given my various roles), that eased into dappled sunlight through green leaves with blue sky...   

So many complex thoughts that I am not sure I'm at the point of articulating yet though I think ties pretty clearly into the faceting of self and social constructs merging into location/space-related stuff.  I can access kaleidoscope easily, here at work, but the location-based is significantly more industrial than anything so natural as dappled sunlight through leaves!  Sort of makes sense, in my head...  There will, I'm sure, be more thoughts as I continue to process the things I've been introduced to think through.

No comments:

Post a Comment