Friday, May 2, 2014

On Stuff

I am trying to put thought into what I put out -- I no longer need to put All The Things On Display To Tell The World Who I Am.  I'm trying to find that balance of having key things out and having the rest have an appropriate place so that I can access with ease when I have need for them.  I've also reached that point where, I can't quite let go of something (some of those books) because they were so important to me and informed me at crucial stages... but they don't necessarily inform me now.  Sometimes I want to find specific things in them, but I've grown past their use as a tool I need to have immediately on hand.

It's a very conscious process of trying to figure out what gets put out as something that I want to reflect Me - Now, vs Me and 4+ decades of baggage that maybe doesn't represent Me - Now, much less Me - Going Forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment