Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Wilderness

This post on Wild Gods has been rattling around my brain-cage since I read it. The last paragraphs resonate so so so strongly. Consider this a placeholder -- I have thoughts that are coagulating and coalescing but nothing structured enough to articulate coherently *quite* yet...
The whole point of wilderness is that it’s a place we don’t know, because we have never been there no matter how many times we enter the forest... wilderness is the way. Not knowing is the way. The act of seeking is the way. The way is not made for us, it simply is, and it is up to us to follow it or not.
Go read the whole article.

The wilderness can be not only 'out there' in the forest and woods and trees and desserts, but also 'welcome to the jungle' GnR style of the craziness of entering the polis like Gilgamesh too -- the place we don't know. I often feel somewhat feral, left too long to my own devices and the inside of my own head. The familiarities and abject dangers of "nature" equally wild as the cognitive dissonance it takes me, too often, to process the jungle of humanity.

Where does your wilderness lie?
Where does your way lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment